Rutherford's gold foil experiment

Hi I need help on the following question about Rutherford’s gold foil experiment:

Comment on the possible changes in his experimental observations if he had used Lithium foil, 7Li, instead of gold

I have another question:

Radon emits alpha particles. Radon can be held in the hand without any harm. If it is inhaled it is very dangerous. Explain why.

I have another question:

Explain why small doses of gamma radiation are less harmful than small doses of beta radiation, even though gamma radiation is more penetrating.

Hi Monique, thank you so much for answering my questions, but I have another question, it would be great if you can answer this asap:

The half-life of Strontium 90 is about 29 years and it decays into Yttrium 90.

Yttrium 90 is also radioactive and is a beta particle emitter with a half-life of 2.67 days.

Discuss the amount of Yttrium that would be present in the above example after the Strontium had been decaying for the first 8 days.

Jason drops a leaf into the water. (The leaf is lighter than the stone.) How will the velocity of the leaf compare with the velocity of the stone when it hits the water? Compare the acceleration of the leaf and the stone as they fall from rest.

Bob is at the start of his 100m sprint race. He is at rest and, at the firing of the starting gun he accelerates for 6.0 s up to his sprinting speed. He travels 25 m while accelerating.

a. Calculate Bob’s acceleration. Give your answer to the correct number of significant figures.