Need help for anaylsing text: To kill A Mockingbird

I am a level 2 student that is struggling in english and need some help on how to write/respond to one of the practice questions. I have written the introduction but I don’t know where to go from there. To kill A mockingbrird - Google Docs

Can I please have some?

Hi,
Your opening is really informative however you might want to break this up into multiple sentences as it is quite lengthy.

At the beginning of your paragraph, its always nice to have a hook which will help engage your reader - perhaps this sentence reflect on how we should treat each other not based on our skin colour and to show kindness could be at the beginning like this In Harper Lee’s novel, she tells us to reflect on how we treat each other and to not based it on our skin colour and rather show kindness

Here you could even outline why it is relevant, talking about how the novel’s setting is universal and still parallels society today.

Hiya Bubble Rom
Welcome to the new look Studyit!
Still getting used to the new site so sorry for the delay!

Egg has given you a few tips to start with. I’m going to copy your opening here and try to comment through it.

Question:

Analyse how the setting(s) of the time/place influenced your understanding of character or individual in the written text(s).

In the novel, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee // is set between 1933 and 1935 in Maycomb, //this story is told from Scout Finch// perspective about what she learnt about her father, Attius Finch who always strives to prove the innocence of a black man who has been accuse // of rape and about Boo Radley, a mysterious neighbour who save Scout and Jem from being killed.

RIGHT - that was one very long sentence! You need to go back and look at sentence structure and grammar - as it’s a little bit clumsy in places. See where I have put a // that means change needed.
It also tells a lot of information without actually relating to the topic - you need to introduce the setting more.

THE NEXT BIT - while not incorrect - it still tells me nothing about the topic - what was important about the setting???
Again - check the //

The purpose // of the author’s purpose is to reflect on how we should treat each other not based on our skin colour and to show kindness. It shows courage in standing up for what we believe is right and showing compassion for the people around us. The author aim // target young adults, but it’s not just limited to just young adults. This book was written over 50 years ago and t is still relevant to the modern reader. It is studied in school // throughout the world because of its cultural and moral significance.

Hope that gets you thinking! Make sure you check out the links to this standard!

ET2